SWEAR is a brand owned by Platforme International Limited, who operates the website http://www.swear-london.com (the "Website"). We are a company registered in England (Company No. 04457695), and our registered office address is 16 South End, Croydon, Surrey CR0 1DN, United Kingdom. We are committed to protecting your privacy. We collect, store and use your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable local laws.
Third party websites
Personal data collected
You do not have to give us any personal data in order to use most of our Website. However, if you wish to send us a message, receive our newsletter and special offers via email or order products and services, you will need to provide certain information to us. This may include your name, address or location, phone number and email address and when using our contact form, your message and any other information you wish to provide to us. Please note that in order to order products or services, you will need to register an account with us. Please make sure that you only forward emails to people you know would be happy to receive them. We ask for your phone number to allow us to process your order and to let you know the status of your order. This number may be given to our courier for delivery services in order for us to keep you informed. You may also choose to provide your date of birth and gender in order to provide you with a more personalised shopping experience. Please note we do not keep your payment card details on file. We use third party providers, including PayPal, to process payments, and only these entities see your payment card details. This means that we can help to deal more quickly with any queries or problems you may have and also to ensure that any information that we send you is relevant. When you visit our Website, we also automatically collect certain information from you. For more information about this, please see the "Cookies and other tracking technologies" section below.
The information we collect allows us to:
- Provide the products and services you have ordered;
- To verify your identity and details of your payment method or credit card account;
- Administer our Website and provide customer services;
- Plan and manage our commercial business activities including analysis of your shopping habits, product and style preferences;
- Communicate with you (including via email or telephone where such contact details have been provided);
- Tell you about our offers, services or products;
You agree that we may disclose your personal data to other companies within the SWEAR group (listed on our Website) and to our and their service providers and agents for the above purposes. This will be done confidentially and only to the extent permitted under applicable data protection laws. Such service providers and agents may include without limitation, third parties who carry out customer service, payment processing services, identify verification and fraud management services, hosting and website maintenance. We may also release account and other personal information where it is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, safety of my-swear.com, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for identity verification and fraud protection purposes to the extent permitted by applicable laws. In particular, when you make a purchase from the Website, where we may make searches about you at credit reference agencies for such purposes. The agencies will record details of any search. This information may be used by other subscribers for similar purposes. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form if you want further details about this processing or details of those credit reference agencies from whom we obtain and to whom we pass information about you. If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, including a sale in bankruptcy or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, we may transfer your personal data to a third party as part of that transaction. We may disclose aggregate, anonymised statistics about the number of visitors to our Website or number of purchases made to third parties including our investors.
Transfers of your personal data
Your personal information may be transferred to, and stored at a destination outside of the European Economic Area including the US. Such processing may be required in order to fulfil your order, process your payment details or provide support services.
Communications & marketing
To subscribe to our newsletter containing information about new products, services, features and events from us and to receive special offers via email, or telephone, please complete our subscription form. If you make a purchase on our Website, we may also use your details to email you our newsletter and to tell you about our special offers from time to time. Please note that any telephone or email communications will only be made by us. We do not sell or otherwise pass your details to third parties for marketing purposes. You can opt-out of these communications at any time via the Unsubscribe link on any email or by contacting us using the contact form or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Cookies and related tracking technologies
We use technology such as "cookies" to collect information and store your online preferences. Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which allows the server to uniquely identify the browser on each page. We use the following categories of cookies on our Website:
- Category 1: strictly necessary cookies These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items cannot be provided.
- Category 2: performance cookies These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use our Website. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
- Category 3: functionality cookies These cookies remember choices you make such as the country you visit our website from, language and search parameters such as size, colour or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Category 4: targeting cookies or advertising cookies These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. For example, we use third party companies such as Criteo to provide you with more personalised adverts when visiting other websites.
- Category 5 : social media cookies These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the website on social media such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at http://www.AboutCookies.org/ . Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. If you'd like to opt out of other third party cookies relating to behavioural advertising, please go to www.youronlinechoices.eu Opting out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns. We (and other third parties acting on our behalf) may automatically track and collect information about the IP address, domain service, country location, time zone, language, the type of computer and web browser you are using and the pages you visit (including by using web beacons and other similar technology). If you access our Website via your mobile device, we may also collect information about your mobile provider and your mobile device. We use this information so that we can administer and improve our system, analyse trends, track users' movements, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use and detect suspicious or fraudulent transactions. If these automated processes reject your transaction on the basis that it is a suspicious or fraudulent, you may contact us and ask us to reconsider the decision within 21 days of receiving such notification. We are likely to use very similar criteria to review your transaction in person so there is no guarantee that the decision will be different.
We take reasonable care to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided us with. We use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to help protect the personal data you send us during the order process. Please keep in mind that if you voluntarily disclose personal information online in a non-protected environments - for example on a message board, shopping list, or in chat areas - that information can be collected and used by others outside of our control.
Updates to this Policy